Does saggy skin ruin your confidence? Loose or saggy skin is a pretty normal occurrence, and it can easily take a toll on someone’s body image. But thanks to the latest advancements in cosmetics, there are now many skin tightening treatments you can explore.
And in this blog post, we’re going to list the most effective options, so you don’t have to go through the guesswork!
Keep reading and see which one suits you well. And once you’re ready to try them, you can contact our team to start enjoying the benefits!
What causes saggy skin?
Before we get into the best skin tightening treatment, let’s first discuss what causes saggy skin in the first place.
In general, sagging of the skin is associated with aging. As we age, our skin loses its natural elasticity and our bodies produce less collagen, leading to sagginess.
Another thing that could contribute to loose skin is significant weight loss. If you’ve been obese or overweight and decided to shed substantial pounds, it’s totally normal to have sagging skin afterward.
Next, we have genetics to blame. Some people are simply predisposed to having less elastic skin, which may appear saggy or loose.
Aside from that, hormonal changes may also occur, which will have an impact on your skin. This is specifically common during pregnancy, menopause, or if you’re dealing with certain medical conditions.
Still, some causes of saggy skin are preventable. For example, sun exposure and smoking both damage your skin’s collagen, which makes it more prone to sagging. So by avoiding these two risk factors, you can protect your skin from premature aging.
But regardless of the cause behind this problem, there are skin tightening treatments that can help reduce the sagging.
Skin tightening procedures that work
Whether you’re looking for a quick fix or something less invasive, there’s a skin tightening treatment for you. At Pure Skin Laser Center, here are the solutions we offer whether you’re looking for leg, abdomen, arm, or face skin tightening.
1. Laser skin tightening
If you prefer a non-invasive treatment, laser skin tightening would be a good place to start in tackling your saggy skin. It’s very effective as a whole-body treatment and it’s also gentle enough to be used on your sagging face.
This skin tightening procedure works by stimulating the natural production of collagen in your body. For the best results, we recommend at least 4 to 6 sessions, or more, if you have saggy skin than usual.
Overall, laser skin tightening is non-surgical and most of our clients only felt mild discomfort. They describe the feeling as having rubber bands snapping on their skin. But don’t worry, we use topical numbing creams to keep you as comfortable as possible throughout each session.
2. Body contouring treatments
If your skin is showing early or minor signs of sagging, you can explore our icoone body contouring treatment. This FDA-approved procedure uses a patented Roboderm technology, which helps reduce cellulite.
For this, we also have multiple handpieces, which allow us to treat various body parts, including sensitive facial skin and the bikini area.
Aside from the massaging sensation, our icoone skin tightening treatment uses laser and LED to break down fat cells. This will help reduce stubborn fat pockets that make your legs, neck, face, abdomen, arms, or legs saggy.
Apart from enjoying firm skin, our icoone treatment will also boost your circulation and relax your tired muscles. It’s like hitting many birds with one stone!
3. Facial fillers
Is your face losing its natural volume due to aging? This can make your facial skin look saggy and lifeless. Good thing, our facial fillers can instantly fix it for you.
When used for facial skin tightening, fillers will ‘fill’ the loose skin to restore its plump and youthful look. We only use FDA-approved hyaluronic or poly-L-lactic acid fillers to ensure the best results without any side effects.
Face tightening using fillers will give you an almost instant result. Although it may take a few days for the fillers to settle, you’ll see substantial improvements right after the treatment.
However, you should know that fillers aren’t permanent and they will dissolve over time. So to sustain your plump skin, we recommend getting touch-up injections every 3 to 6 months.
4. Skin tightening facial
Another skin firming option you can try is facials. These skin tightening treatments target the problem deep with a combination of cleansing, peeling, hydration, and more.
For example, a chemical peel is an effective skin tightener. It works by shedding the saggy top layer of your skin to reveal a younger and fresher version underneath. However, the only downside with chemical peels is their highly invasive nature and taxing aftercare.
If you want, you can also try hydrating facials to help prevent further dryness and sagging of your skin. However, you should remember that these skin tightening procedures can only do so much for age-related sagging.
So if you want a surefire way to tackle your loose skin, we recommend the first three treatments instead.
5. Skin tightening cream
Not yet ready to try any spa treatments? In that case, you can try topical creams and lotions in the meantime. Overall, they won’t fix your saggy skin, but they can help prevent further damage.
When choosing skin tightening creams, it’s important to know what you really need. Here’s a quick rundown of the most popular options nowadays:
- Niacinamide. This is a good choice if you want to reduce the appearance of your pores. It’s also helpful in improving skin texture and alleviating redness.
- Retinol. This is a form of Vitamin A that promotes cell turnover. It’s effective in reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, which can be helpful in preventing saggy skin. However, you should limit sun exposure if you’re using this product.
- Hyaluronic acid. This is a go-to product for deep skin hydration. It locks in moisture on the skin to keep your skin plump and smooth.
- Salicylic acid. This is primarily used to treat acne and oily skin since it can help unclog your pores and exfoliate dead skin cells.
Overall, we recommend consulting with your dermatologist if you’re unsure what facial products to use. This way, you’ll find the right creams or lotions that suit your skin type and skin problems.
Additional skin tightening hacks you can try
Aside from the treatments we mentioned above, there are more ways on how to tighten skin naturally. Also, you shouldn’t wait for your skin to turn saggy before you start caring for it. So in that case, we recommend that you add these habits into your regimen:
- Stay hydrated. We know you’ve heard this countless times, but we can’t emphasize it enough: drinking enough water can do wonders for your skin. It improves elasticity, which will help delay or prevent further sagging.
- Eat a healthy diet. As they say, “You are what you eat”. This is especially true for your skin. So if you want to avoid saggy skin, make sure you pack your meals with fruits and veggies.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol. Vices like alcohol and smoking greatly damage your skin. Over time, you’ll notice premature sagging and you’ll look older than you really are. With that, do your skin a favor and start ditching these bad habits.
- Get enough sleep. Enough slumber will give your skin the chance to repair and regenerate. So if you’re serious about avoiding saggy skin, you should start clocking in at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep per night.
- Protect yourself from the sun. UV rays from the sun can wreak havoc on your skin. With that, you should always wear sunscreen, hats, or long sleeves to shield your skin from damaging rays.
Let Pure Skin Laser Center restore your youthful skin!
If you’re looking for the best skin firming treatment, Pure Skin Laser Center got you covered! We offer a range of procedures, including laser, body contouring, and fillers to help regain your plump and smooth skin.
With us, you’ll receive personalized treatments that suit your skin type. Also, our staff is highly trained and has years of cosmetic experience, so rest assured that your skin is in good hands.
So instead of letting saggy skin ruin your confidence, let us help you with tried and tested skin tightening solutions. So what are you waiting for? Book your appointment today!